Glycolic and Salicylic (AHA and BHA) Peels
Skin ageing is due to genetic factors as well as environmental factors which include sun exposure and pollution. It results skin in uneven or blotchy appearance due to age spots, uneven pigmentation, broken capillaries, fine lines and deep wrinkles.
Peels involve the application of solutions to the surface of the skin to remove layers of skin cells and to stimulate the growth of new skin. Removal of the external layer of the skin also allows enhanced penetration of skin care products applied to the skin topically following the peel. For this reason, it gives the skin an instant brightening & freshening appearance and reduces spots & breakouts.HOW CHEMICAL PEELS WORK?
AHAs and BHAs are naturally occurring substances that have been used for centuries to improve the appearance of the skin. Of all the AHAs Glycolic Acid (derived from sugar cane) has the greatest ability to penetrate the skin due to its smaller molecular size. It acts as a “super moisturizer” for the skin and in addition dislodges dead skin cells from the outer surface of the skin, leaving it fresher and smoother.WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CHEMICAL PEELS?
A safe and gentle treatment suitable for the treatment of acne, fine lines, dryness, pigmentation and sun damage which helps to:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles (rhytides)
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Increases skin hydration
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Improve the freshness, smoothness and colour of the complexion
- Improve acne and blackheads (comedones)
- Improve irregular hyperpigmentation (age spots)
- Improves skin texture by increasing epidermal thickness and collagen thickness