CO2 Fractional Laser
- Reduce wrinkles
- Reducing fine lines
- Reducing furrows
- Improve skin texture
- Reduce pigmented lesions (age/sun spots)
- Reduce sun-induced redness
- Skin resurfacing
- Reducing discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Improving melasma (mask of pregnancy)
- Improving acne, acne scars
- Improving surgical scars
- Reduce Stretch Marks
HOW DOES THE CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER WORK?
The FRACTIONAL technology delivers the DOT laser energy in a pixel like fashion where microscopic holes 0.3 mm are made into the skin right next to each other via computer-generated pattern. This fractionated C02 laser technology delivers microscopic columns of laser energy through the skin, resurfacing up to 50% of skin surface area. The other 50% of non-ablated skin area facilitates faster healing. The heat generated in the dermis by the thousands of dots of laser energy causes tightening of collagen bundles and therefore an overall tighter, fresher, more youthful looking skin.HOW IS A CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT PERFORMED?
At your treatment, the area of skin to be treated is thoroughly cleansed. Then, a topical anesthetic cream is applied for 10 – 20 minutes to take full effect. This is to keep your skin feeling numb and you feeling comfortable throughout the treatment. The treatment takes just over 30 minutes for a full face.WHAT ARE THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS WITH CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER?
Depending on the aggressiveness of your laser treatment, you will have some degree of redness, swelling or a sunburn sensation. These feelings are normal and are signs that your body’s natural healing process is building new skin.CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER RECOVERY PERIOD
You can return to routine activities in 2 – 3 days in lighter treatments but more aggressive, deeper, more effective treatments may require a week off. To protect your skin after treatment, we suggest that you to wear sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher, avoid direct sun exposure, and wear a wide-brimmed hat when you’re under the sun.HOW MANY CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Laser treatments can vary in aggression depending on the desired outcome. The most aggressive laser treatment can produce dramatic improvement for severely damaged skin. This is a single treatment procedure, but will require more downtime and after treatment wound care.
Less aggressive laser treatments can produce significant results for mild to moderately damaged skin over the course of 2 to 10 treatments. Typically, there is less after treatment wound care with these treatments and downtime is minimal. A consultation will be needed to find the best suitable treatment plan for your treatment.WHAT SHOULD I DO PRIOR TO CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT?
During the booking for your first treatment you will be given a consultation with our professional consultant before you undergo treatment. This enables us to tailor a bespoke skin care plan to target your specific skin type and concerns, so that we can do our best to target these areas to achieve your desired results. Our therapist will also explain how it works, what happens during the treatment, and what you can do beforehand to prepare your skin and here are some of the basics.
- For 2-4 weeks before your treatment, avoid self-tanners and excessive sun.
- Discontinue minocycline, tetracycline, doxycycline or Retin-A/Renova several days prior to each treatment.
- Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or Aleve one week prior to treatment unless medically indicated to help prevent bruising.
- Protect your improved skin with sunscreen every morning. Hats and sunglasses are also good protection from the sun.
Recovery period depends on the aggressiveness of the treatment; the redness will gradually subside over the next 2 – 5 days. In some cases it lasts up to 4 weeks. Until the redness has resolved, avoid all of the following:
- The use of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) or Vitamin A products
- Swimming pools and spas with multiple chemicals/chlorine Activities that cause excessive perspiration
Always remember to apply your SPF 30+ / 50+ sunscreen every day to protect your skin from the sun.WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER CO2 FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT?
It is very important that you follow the advice carefully after treatment to help make the procedure as successful as possible and to reduce the risk of complications.
Post – treatment advice may include :
- Using tepid or cold water to cleanse the face for the first 48 hours following treatment and drying the area gently without rubbing.
- Ensure your hands are always clean when touching the area treated, to avoid infections.
- Do not applying conventional make-up products to the skin for the first 7 days following treatment.
- Do not pick, scratch, scrub or rub the treated skin during the fractional laser process.
- Applying the prescribed skincare products according to the regimen specifically designed for you.
- Always use sunscreen. Do not exposing the area treated to the sun without a sunscreen to reduce the risk of disturbing pigmentation in that area. A high factor sun block should be used daily to protect the skin.
It can take between 4 – 8 weeks before visible signs of skin regeneration are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing a gradual enhancement effects.
A single treatment can produce noticeable results, however a program of 2 – 10 treatments spaced 1 – 3 months apart is often recommended to achieve optimum results, in conjunction with an at-home regimen.
The specific number of sessions required will depend on the area being treated and the severity of the indication, as well as the level of natural response from the individual’s body.
We would like to invite any client who’s considering this treatment to make an appointment with us for a Free-of-Charge Consultation. During the consultation, our professional therapist will explain the treatment in full and carry out a skin analysis to you. From there we can make a recommendation on the number of treatments we think you may need. We do have a single treatment or package options, to help lower the cost.