HOW WE WORK ON YOUR PIGMENTATION AND SPOT?
We have a multiple lasers technologies and we will choose the best laser for your unique requirements which depending on your skin type and conditions, medical history and preference.
IPL and lasers are fantastic tools but operator experience and skill is what produces results. We are all fully qualified, insured and experienced. We have a reputation for professionalism and a warm, friendly manner, coupled with a vast knowledge of all aspects of beauty.
The procedure requires a consultation before. We need to meet you and your intended treated skin area for initial assessment. This is your chance to check which laser technologies are right for you and your pigmentation and spot.
Sometimes a combination method is required for best results. As we have multiple technologies for treatments we are able to select best modus of treatment for you, rather than try to treat you with one option only. This is the reason we recommend a consultation prior to your laser treatment.
Medical history and any medications you are taking need to be discussed, as well as your expectations. We’ll warn you of any potential side effects and give you a clear pre and post treatment plan for your skin. And of course, we’ll be there if you think you are having a problem post treatment.
POST TREATMENT CHANGES & RECOVERY
For the first half-hour after treatment, the treated area may feel hot (like sunburn) for a while and the skin may experience a red, sensitive and swollen appearance; the redness will gradually subside over the next 24-48 hours. In some cases it lasts up to 72 hours. Crusting or scabbing is a normal consequence of the treatment and will start flaking off in 2 weeks or longer. The brown spots or pigment may become darker within a day, and then will fade over about 7 to 14 days.
Occasionally (depending on the severity of your sun damage) the treated area may remain somewhat pink for 2-8 weeks, and there may be some flaking during this time. This is a normal process as the body works to eliminate the pigmented blemishes.
There may be some lightening or darkening of the treated for several months after treatment. Protect the treated area from sun exposure until the skin is completely healed and the skin color has returned to normal.
Post treatment care/AFTER CARE ADVICE
- Try to only wash with cold or tepid water for the 2 days after treatment while your skin is in the recovery stage. Be gentle on your skin and avoid the use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, exfoliating creams and aggressive scrubbing to the treated area.
- Always use sunscreen
- Do not apply makeup in at least 3 days.
- Application of an antibiotic cream will help the treated area heal quickly after treatment
- Applying the prescribed skin care products according to the regimen specifically designed for you to calm any irritation you might experience.
- Do not use any active skin products, such as prescription Retin A, for 7 days.
- Do not pick at the scab or allow the skin to become scraped, as this may result in infection and scarring. Shaving or scrub should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed. This could damage or cause pigmentation problems to your skin.
- Use hydrating mask to moisture your skin after skin recovery.
- Individuals’ skin is different, so reaction and results may vary. When post-treatment advice is followed, the risks of infection are very low. In case if the area looks infected, experience an unusual discomfort or any questions or concerns, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.
WHAT PARTS OF THE BODY CAN BE TREATING?
Laser procedures can effectively and safely treat skin on most body parts, including the face, arms, and hands.
HOW MUCH RESULT COULD I EXPECT AFTER EACH TREATMENT?
The number of treatments needed, will depend on the conditions being treated. The common freckles and age spots may resolve after one treatment. Some need a second treatment, or need to be treated more than twice. Some blemishes do not disappear completely, but will be significantly lighter in color after treatment and the results may vary for individual person.
Risks and complications are rare and typically mild; however, complications can occasionally occur in certain situations. Please advise our professional consultant and technician if any of the following apply to you:
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Suffer from Diabetes or any immune disorder, including HIV
- Have a tendency to Keloid scarring or skin darkening with injury
- Use products containing Retinol/Vitamin A
- Experience eczema or have very sensitive skin
- Have had recent facial surgery or laser skin treatment
- Or if you have any doubt as to whether you could receive treatments, then, you should consult with our professional consultant first.
IS PIGMENTATION AND SPOT TREATMENT FOR ME?
If after studying the information here, you consider pigmentation and spot laser treatment maybe an option for you, then, call us to arrange a consultation. Or, if you still have questions about treatments, then shall contact us, Our experienced and fully trained aesthetic team are always happy to discuss the treatments with you, either by phone, email or in person.